Friday, April 2, 2010

no bites.

Grey clouds equals grey moods.

Time for another cookie pic, no? I do share my photos of my cookies on Facebook, but I thought it would be nice to get on a "broader" platform by sharing them on a blog. These pictures were taken quite a while ago, and again, it had only been maybe my second or third try making and decorating these cookies. Although I find the task of mixing and chilling and rolling and cutting kind of a pain, the results are usually rewarding that I don't mind the work in hindsight. The FLOWER cookies I made was the second try -- I wanted to start a cookie cutter "collection", and thought a flower would be nice. I'm making the same cookies for a friend of mine whose daughter is getting married in June. They'll be a combination of white, violet and ivory.


The consistency of the icing turned out okay, but if you can tell, I squished some of the still-wet cookies. Oops.

The ICE CREAM CONE cookies are my favourite so far - I made them as a "have a great summer" treat for the Kindergarten students I worked with earlier that year. I always get excited about cookies that I thought weren't going to turn out turn out better than I thought. I packed them in clear cellophane bags with a ribbon and note tag.



As I'm blogging, it's windy, (looks cold), rainy and wet. :( Enjoy the pics, would love any comments/suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment